With the support of the Appalachian Regional Commission, the Regional Computer Assistance Program provides technical computer assistance to governmental units as well as public and private agencies. We offer subsidized rates on a contract basis for a wide range of technical assistance services in the field of computers.
Services offered by the STC Staff:
• Consults and plans with user departments regarding applications and uses of personal computer hardware and software products for current and future needs.
• Advises users on available software, hardware supplies, and current prices.
• Trains employees in user departments regarding personal computer hardware and software use.
• Assists in trouble-shooting personal computer hardware and software problems for user departments.
• Researches, analyzes, and evaluates hardware and software products for personnel.
• Acts as liaison between user departments and personal computer hardware and software vendors.
• Arranges formal training classes and meetings with experts on software and hardware products.
• Consults with programmers on problems, changes, and requests for projects to be assigned to programming staff.
• Assists user departments in planning, installation and utilization of personal computers.
• May develop and implement procedures and methodologies for handling problems and changes to software and hardware.
• May coordinate and/or control implementation of upgrades to existing personal computer software and hardware packages.
STC will contract with governmental units and not-for-profit organizations to provide Computer Assistance. Please call T. Tostanoski to set up an appointment to discuss convenient timelines and the potential cost to your organization.