Susquehanna-Chemung Action Plan -- Runoff
An Ecosystem-Based Watershed Management Plan
Susquehanna and Chemung Basins of New York
Water connects us all...
Rainwater is good: Slow it down. Spread it out. Soak it in.
- Protect and re-establish the natural functions of floodplains, forests, wetlands, and groundwater recharge areas.
- Use better site design, green infrastructure, and standard stormwater management practices to reduce impacts from development.
- Keep clean water clean.
EXISTING PLANS & DATA::
- Stormwater Management Program Plans (SWMPPs): Description of the stormwater management program developed to comply with Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit conditions.
- Elmira Urban Area: Chemung County Stormwater Coalition has developed a joint SWMPP and submits a combined MS4 Annual Report documenting the previous year's accomplishments.
- Binghamton Urban Area: The Broome-Tioga Stormwater Coalition prepares a combined MS4 Annual Report.
- Owego: The Town of Owego / Tioga County Stormwater Management Plan Program 2010-2015.
- NYS Department of Transportation: SWMPP is not yet officially issued. DOT prepares a statewide MS4 Annual Report.
- New York State Open Space Conservation Plan includes recommendations for promoting urban forestry and green infrastructure.
- New York State DEC Stormwater Interactive Map: Mapping application used to look up geographic information related to the Phase II Stormwater Program.
"No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood."
- author unknown