Susquehanna-Chemung Action Plan -- Economic Development
An Ecosystem-Based Watershed Management Plan
Susquehanna and Chemung Basins of New York
Water connects us all...
Capitalize on water resources as economic assets.
Promote economic development strategies that protect the region's water resources and use them wisely because they are integral to the local economy.
Foster regional collaboration to implement environmentally sensitive economic development strategies.
EXISTING PLANS & DATA:
- Regional Comprehensive Economic Development Strategies (CEDS): Each CEDS is an over-arching economic development strategy that describes the region's economy, suggests trends, lists needed economic development projects, and sets priorities for development.
- Local Economic Development Plans:
- Broome County: Plan for Sustainable Economic Development. Agricultural Economic Development Plan. Local Waterfront Revitalization Program.
- Chenango County: Economic Development Strategic Plan
- Cortland County: Tioughnioga River Draft Local Waterfront Revitalization Program
- Onondaga County: 2010 Development Guide
- Schoharie County: Long Range Economic Development Strategy
- Schuyler County: Agriculture Economic Strategy, Agri-Tourism Development Project, Emerging Sectors and Regional Clusters Water/Wastewater Infrastructure Development Evaluation, Cheeses and Other Value Added Dairy Products Market and Financial Feasibility Analysis
- Steuben County: County Economic Development Plan. Interstate 86/99 Corridor Economic Development Blueprint (southeast Steuben County).
- Tioga County: County Strategic Plan: Tioga 2010. Mixed Use Development and Marketing Analysis.
- Tompkins County: 2006 Economic Development Strategy & Annual Reports to the Community
- Bainbridge, Sidney, and Unadilla (Chenango, Delaware and Otesgo Counties): Susquehanna River Valley Economic Development Strategy Plan
- Brownfield Opportunity Areas (BOA) nominated through the NYS Department of State BOA Program:
- Broome County Brownfields Inventory and Ranking Project: Summary report prepared by the Environmental Management Council (2005)
- Water and Sewer Infrastructure reports:
- Water Supply and Sewage Disposal Systems in the Southern Tier East Region (2009)
- Tioga County Infrastructure Master Plan (2004)
- Chemung River Valley Water Study (Steuben County)
- Natural gas development. The following county groups are developing strategies for managing local impacts from anticipated development of natural gas from Marcellus Shale:
- Broome County Natural Gas Development Team
- Chemung County Advisory Commission on Natural Energy Solutions
- Chenango County Natrual Gas Advisory Committee
- Otsego County Natural Gas Advisory Committee
- Schuyler County Energy Task Force
- Steuben County Natural Gas Task Force
- Tioga Investigates Natural Gas
- Stronger Economies Together (SET): Is a program created by Tioga Rural Economic Area Partnership (REAP) to help TIoga County community members enhance their regional development skills while exploring the development of a bioenergy sector as a regional econoic development strategy.
- Mineral Resources Map: The NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) interactive mapping utility includes a Mineral Resources map of regulated wells and mines.
"The quality of place is a state of mind -
It has emerged as one of the most important ingredient
in developing a successful, sustainable community."